Those We Serve
Those who come to our Pantry door include the unemployed and underemployeed, seniors and persons with disabilities who have limited incomes, and recent immigrants. For those with limited English, translation services for Spanish and Vietnamese languages are available during Pantry hours.
All who are in need are eligible to be served each month
- Pantry distribution is one per household per month.
- An adult must place and be present to place and receive an order, one per household.
- To receive product, an I.D. and proof of address (such as a recent piece of mail) must be presented.
- No proof of income is required.
- All products are available at no cost.
- Each household receives a pre-filled bag filled with five items: bar soap, toothpaste, shampoo, two bundles of toilet paper and laundry detergent.
- Recipients may also select each month five additional items from the Pantry inventory that includes: diapers, baby lotion, baby wipes, baby wash, toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving cream, razors, tampons, feminine products, body wash, bandaids, and Kleenex.
Measures of the Pantry's Impact
- An average of 465 families representing some 1,500 people are served each month.
- From its origin in 2010 through 2017, an estimated 34,000 families have received Hygiene Pantry products.
- An estimated $5,000 worth of product is distributed each month - that includes 10,000 diapers and 2,500 rolls of toilet paper!
- Each year, some 21,000 children and adults benefit from good hygiene practices and improved health.
- The Pantry's administrative costs are nearly zero, as 99.9% of all financial donations are used to purchase hygiene products. The Open Door Food Bank generously provides space for the Pantry at no cost.